The Friends is an independent 501(c)3 organization founded with the mission of supporting and enhancing the facility, programming, and community outreach of the Franklin Park Arts Center.
“If you build it, they will come.” We heard that slogan time and again during the 10 years it took to open the Arts Center. The past 5 years have proven the truth of that statement. But we couldn’t have done it without the generous support of our community. Because of the vital support provided by our members, donors, and sponsors, the Friends of Franklin Park Arts Center has been able to:
- Upgrade the Arts Center auditorium’s acoustics by installing specialized sound absorbing material in the front and back stage walls
- Upgrade the Auditorium sound systems with a new line array speaker system
- Improve the auditorium lighting system with addtional fixtures, including LED lighting
- Install UV coatings to the Gallery/Lobby exterior windows to protect art exhibitions
- Install new LED gallery lighting
- Provide financial support to more than 30 local arts groups, providing them an opportunity to perform at the Arts Center
- Offer ‘Gold Star’ performances, featuring such notable performers as Loretta Swit, the Gullah, and the Kingston Trio
- Offer ticketing assistance to local arts groups by providing access to our online ticketing service, Vendini
- Assist with shipping costs to help send thirty selected pieces of local artwork to Loudoun’s ‘sister county’ in Germany for a month-long exhibit
- Provide this website, maintain the Art Center’s e-mail distribution list, and host the Art Center’s social media platforms.
- And so much more.
The list of accomplishments we have been able to provide with the generous community support we’ve received over the past 5 years is impressive, but if we are to make next season even more successful, we will need your continued support today! As you know, the Franklin ParkArtsCenter is operated by the Loudoun County Department of Parks, Recreation, and Community Services (PRCS). But there is only so much the allotted County Government support can do, even in good economic times – and we know these are not good economic times. We depend on community support to help bridge the gap between the needs of the Arts Center and the constraints of difficult economic times.
We are asking you to help the Arts Center continue to “grow the arts” in Loudoun County. Please take a minute to explore the many ways you can get involved; we welcome your support and input.