Sponsored by Friends of Franklin Park Arts Center
Regional artists and craftspeople in all media are invited to participate in 10x10, a juried creative challenge exhibition sponsored by Friends of Franklin Park Arts Center. 10x10 will feature creative works using a 10 x 10 inch canvas provided by the Arts Center as a starting point. From there you can paint directly on the canvas, create a mixed media piece, affix a painting to the canvas, build a sculpture on it….get inspired! The piece must use the 10 x 10 canvas as a base but beyond that, let your imagination soar! Friends-sponsored art shows are designed to intrigue and inspire artists to explore and create pieces beyond their usual subject, style or media. Cash prizes will be awarded in the amounts of $100 each for Best in Show, A Perfect Ten, and Friends Choice.
Each year the Friends of Franklin Park Arts Center sponsor an Annual Art Show designed to intrigue and inspire artists to explore and create pieces beyond their usual subject matter, style or media. Franklin Park Arts Center hosts the exhibit and artists reception. Staff also helps with registration, advertising and publicity, and public contact. The Friends volunteer hundreds of hours assisting staff with promoting the exhibit, hanging the artwork, sponsoring the reception, purchasing exhibit supplies, and more. The Friends receive 20% of the sale price of each piece, which helps fund the purchase of specialized equipment, furnishings and amenities for the Arts Center, as well as underwriting special arts programs for the community. Artists receive 80% of the sale price of each piece sold.
We appreciate your support of the Arts Center and participation in our exhibits – thank you!
- Entrants must be regional residents (VA, WV or MD)
- Artists for this show must be age 16 and older
- Content must be in accordance with County policies
- Friends of Franklin Park Arts Center reserves the right to reject any entry submission for any reason, at its discretion
- Advance registration preferred, encouraged and welcome - by email to Elizabeth.Bracey@Loudoun.gov, by phone (540-338-7973) or in person at Franklin Park Arts Center during office hours (M-F, 9-5) prior to the delivery dates below
- Alternative - register when you bring your artwork on one of the artwork delivery dates below
- Entry fee of $10.00 (payable ONLY by cash or check to FoFPAC) in advance or pay when you bring in your artwork (if paying by check: include your name, address and phone number with your check and put ‘10x10’ in the memo field.)
- Attach a label to the back OR bring a tag to place with your piece, including this information:
- Your name
- Phone number
- Title of the artwork
- Sales price
- To sign a Submission Agreement form
- With a current, one-page artist biography ready to present to the public (suggested)
You are invited to submit up to one piece for display and sale:
- Pick up your FREE 10 x 10 inch canvas from the Arts Center
- Your piece must use the 10 x 10" canvas as a base
- You can paint directly on the canvas, create a mixed media piece, affix a painting to the canvas, build a sculpture on it, or let your imagination soar!
- Any medium is eligible and encouraged
- A single piece may have multiple components
- Both two and three-dimensional works are welcome
ALL WORK MUST BE READY FOR DISPLAY:
Provide all necessary materials to display your piece:
- Two-dimensional artwork:
- Must be properly and securely framed and/or matted (if appropriate) and ready to hang with securely attached sturdy wire (NO saw tooth hangers)
- Two-dimensional works not securely wired and ready to hang will not be accepted
- Three dimensional artwork:
- Will be exhibited on backdrops, pedestals or inside an exhibit case
- If you are planning a non-traditional method of display: call 540-338-7973 or email email@example.com in advance to ensure the piece can be safely exhibited
Submissions accepted:February 5-6 from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Delivery prior to February 5: email Elizabeth.Bracey@loudoun.gov or call 540-338-7973
Bring your piece to:
Franklin Park Arts Center
36441 Blueridge View Lane
Purcellville, VA 20132
Fees and Sales:
- Entry fee is $10.00
- Friends of Franklin Park Arts Center (FoFPAC) will take a 20% sales commission on any artwork sold
- All artwork will be for sale
- All artwork will remain on view throughout the exhibition period
- Artists are responsible for paying their own sales tax
- Packing and shipping of any sold artwork is the responsibility of the artist
Your entry fee and sales commissions go to support special projects and equipment for the arts center – thank you for your support!
Awards and Judging:
All pieces submitted to the show will be judged prior to the opening. The following prizes will be awarded:
- Best in Show — $100
- A Perfect 10 — $100
- Friends Choice — $100
Winning artwork may be photographed for possible publication in the media
Opening Reception – Please plan to attend!
- Wednesday February 7, from 7:00-8:00 pm – Reception for participants; please invite your family and friends!
- Submitting artists who attend the reception will receive a free ticket to the Rainier Trio Concert that immediately follows the reception.
- October 30:
- Canvases available for pickup
- February 5 & 6:
- Artwork Submissions accepted 9am–5pm
- February 7:
- Exhibit opens at 7pm
- March 4:
- Exhibit closes
- March 5-6:
- Artists pick up unsold work 9am-5pm
Contact Elizabeth Bracey at Elizabeth.Bracey@loudoun.gov or 540-338-7973
We look forward to seeing your creative submissions.
— Visual Arts Committee, Friends of Franklin Park Arts Center